With all the teeth whitening options available today, it can be a challenge to know which choice is best. Options for patients in and around Fairport and other areas of Upstate New York include over-the-counter products sold in department stores and grocery stores, as well as custom treatment at our office.
It may seem that the low cost and convenience of store-bought kits are the solution, but there are several factors that make professional in-office treatment the better choice. Treatment in our office offers several advantages over store-bought systems. Here are just a few of the ways our professional whitening is superior:
- Better results: Like store-bought kits, we also use either hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide, but because our products are applied to the tooth surface and supervised by a dentist and professional staff, we can use a stronger solution for better bleaching. You will get the best results when you start with a dental cleaning and exam.
- Faster Treatment: OTC whitening may take weeks or even months to deliver results. In our office, you can achieve whitening eight to 10 shades lighter in one 45 minute session.
- Custom Treatment: Our dentists will work with you to identify your current and ideal shade for your smile to develop your individualized goal and treatment plan.
- Reduced Risk of Sensitivity: Professional whitening products contain potassium nitrate to counteract the discomfort of sensitive teeth.
- Protection for Your Gums: Your customized application trays will help keep the bleaching solution where it belongs -- on your teeth and away from sensitive oral tissues.
To get the beautifully white smile you have always wanted, please contact the office of Dr. Paul Sussman and Dr. Meredith Pogal online or by phone at 585-227-4390 today. We serve patients in Fairport and surrounding areas of New York.